Hi Chasers,

I've been to 15 MLB ballparks and going on my annual trip this year. Would love to get some feedback from you all on which trip seems like best option for a 3-4 day trip. Maximizing my time so will see 2 ballparks. Flying from So Fla.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, KC and STL and Texas and Houston OR Seattle by itself.

Quick thoughts:

-I know the drive time from the 1st 3 options range from 3-5 hours in between cities so totally doable.

- If one of these trips from your personal experience blows others away, I'd love to hear about it and why. I trust this ballpark chasing community.

I'm open to suggestions, tips and opinions.

Thank you!

JGR

Views: 1110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually am staying in KC, Kansas at a Hilton brand that is close to the Power and Light District. I hear not a lot going on outside of the stadium.

Interesting....I'm a big points/miles guys so could use pts to stay at Hilton or another brand but hear Drury Inn is excellent for walking to ballpark. Once you see the surrounding neighborhood of the ballpark, lmk what u think.

They all sound like great choices. But as many have already said, KC/STL is the answer. If you are a bbq fan, especially ribs, you will be in Heaven. Both are amazing parks as well. Great energy in both parks. And as others have posted, lots to experience, including the Gateway Arch and Negro Leagues Museum. Enjoy!

July 23-26 in KC/STL would be my only option. I appreciate your feedback.

Oh and both the Drury Inn and Hyatt Regency at the Arch are great hotels. Super close to the park. Hyatt Regency is still the best buffet breakfast I have ever had. And I am ALL about food.

Reed, do you have status with Hyatt or did you pay for breakfast? If you paid for it, do you remember the price? I can look it up but just curious. I have the Chase Hyatt credit card that comes with Platinum status...sadly, Platinum doesn't come with free breakfast.

I have a hyatt membership but when I stayed at that Regency Hyatt, I booked a room with free breakfast and AAA rate. It was 4 years ago on the 4th of July. The rate was very very good. The parking rate was not so good. Around 46$ a night if I recall correctly. Breakfast at the time was phenomenal. Also had a decent sports bar in hotel and a Ruth's Chris steak house in hotel at the time. Very nice italian restaurant across the street attached to the Drury Inn as well.

If the teams cooperate you could do Houston, Arlington, and then either KC or St. Louis. Houston to Arlington is 4 hours, Arlington to KC is eight, and Arlington to St. Louis is 10 hours.
I like Seattle itself, personally. Since it is by itself, and you have a few days, I think you would enjoy it. You can research the different things to do there, which are quite a few. We went last year for 2 days and found it to be very much worth it.
Whatever you decide, have fun.

Hi Kathy, thanks for your feedback I think we have narrowed it down to KC/STL or Seattle alone. With only 4 days, seeing more than 2 parks is probably not going to work as I also want to explore the cities a bit. Either way, thanks for your feedback!

I haven't been to Seattle, but I've been to the others.

Texas was just ok for me. There is a really great restaurant close to Ranger Stadium, called "Redneck Heaven". They have a website so you can check them out beforehand. Other than the games we went to JFK assignation sight and NASA museum. I drove between stadiums.

I go to STL and CIN every year as I live in between them both, so I am partial to both. And PIT and KC are also Great parks and cities. We stayed at the holiday inn w the waterpark in KC. (We had kids with us.) I'm not sure if you can get a room cheaper and not use the waterpark or not? But it was within walking distance. The BBQ was great as well in KC.

STL offers the free Budweiser tour, free grants park, the zoo is free (but you pay to park), and the arch offers a great view of the city. We always drink at the Ballpark Village before the game. There are many different bars inside, and you can always find at least standing room within one of them. Numerous beer choices and pretty good food. As far as sitting at STL, I prefer 400 level above home plate if I am trying to watch my $$$, or if not I sit all inclusive on coca cola patio. Includes a full buffet and all the Bud Light/Budweiser you can handle from 30 min before the game until mid 8th inning. If you drink a few at the games it is definitely the way to go.

CIN is a lot cheaper than STL, seats, food, and beer. There are a few bars around the park that offer good pregame festivities but the best place to go is the Haufbrauhaus in Newport Ky. Its a german bar that serves huge beers where dancing on the benches and tables is not only permitted but encouraged. It's great! And even better after the games. The place is usually full of people who've all been at the game too. In CIN we stay at Holiday INN in Bellvue Ky. Its cheap, has an indoor pool and offers a shuttle ride for $1. Newport, ky also has a few hotels and they are all walking distance, within 1 mile.

Have fun!!! But I would definitely chose between Cin/Pit or STL/KC.

Fantastic feedback, Lisa. My fav option is CIN/PIT but because of dates, STL and KC OR Seattle will be the trip we choose. I always go with my buddy who is also a big baseball fan so we tend to gravitate to places where we can have some beers, close to the stadium and eat well. You hit it right on the head with your STL recommendations. Will definitely hit up Ballpark Village and if we have time, the Budweiser tour and of course, no trip to STL is complete without seeing the Arch in person. I appreciate your feedback.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. They are probably the two most beautiful stadiums I have visited- works of art from top to bottom. Stadiums to truly soak in and savor, good food and knowledgeable employees. Passionate fans, but at least in the case of the Reds, won't really get on you if you wear the other team's colors. Views of the city and the rivers are astounding. You'll get to log some scenic drives into this as well as you travel between the two.

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service