Hello - Planning a short weekend trip to Chicago in May when both the Cubs and White Sox are playing at home. Any recommendations as to where to stay? We are thinking between the two ballparks in the Magnificent Mile area. Is this sound advice? Thank you in advance for your thoughts

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Lakefront and it was a breeze catching the train to the two parks. There's tons to do in the area as well. Enjoy!

Thank you Tom....I appreciate your input. We enjoy the Embassy Suites!

We stayed in Lincoln park in vacation rental house and took train. If more than two or three nights then I recommend vrbo.com or airbnb

Hey Gary! Welcome to Ballpark Chasers! Glad you found us here. Make sure to check out our Chaser Guides for staff recommendations. Have a great trip!

Thank you Craig

Expect to pay a decent amount for any hotel in the Magnificent Mile Area. We stayed at the Tremont Hotel and thought it was ok. Also have stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel, but would not recommend It's very old and the rooms need work. Staying in that area is great because you can catch the red line to both parks and all of the museums are not too far from there. The only problem is that it's like staying in midtown Manhattan. The hotels and parking are going to be costly.

Thank you jvolks for your thoughts

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Magnificent Mile area. Train stop is right in front of the hotel. Easy walk to a lot of things. Just a generally fun area and nice hotel. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Kris.....Saw that hotel on the map

A little late to the party here, but I did both Chicago stadiums in August. We stayed in "the loop" at The River Hotel. Really good location a short walk (~3 blocks) from the Red Line which will take you to both stadiums. It is right on the river walk, a easy walk to the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, and the Millennium Park. The rooms are modern but quite small, however for two travelers on a quick jaunt for baseball, it was a perfect spot to sleep.

Thanks for your input appreciated

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service