Would be interesting to hear about some minor league teams and stadiums. Coming from an area where we didnt have access to major league ball, I got hooked on watching minor league teams, where the guys played for something more than money.

I grew up in watching the Peninsula Pilots (Class A-),....who brought in such greats as Johnny Bench, and when they were farming for the Astros, I can recall many a night where Cesar Cedano was often an example of how little leaguers should not play ball!

Along the way, I caught the Asheville Tourists (before the Rockies), the Arkansas Travelers (is there a theme going here?). AM thinking I may have to make a trip to see the Durham Bull and maybe even visit the Toledo Mudhens.

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear this is a great minor league park!
Yes, very nice. Mostly funded by Dow Chemical.

Actually just caught some Minor League Games this past month - Memphis Redbirds (Cards), Winston-Salem Dash (White Sox), and Hickory Crawdads (Rangers)! 

I just updated my blog with #15 Dash, so check it out and let me know what you think team. I'll post my other updates soon...ish. 

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service