I am heading to the Sarasota area for Spring Training for a week for the first time. Will be going to the following stadiums

1 & 2. Fort Myers - Red Sox and Twins
3. Port Charlotte - Rays
4. Sarasota - Orioles
5. Bradenton - Pirates

Any advice / feedback on these stadiums. Have been to the Rays for FCL games. How are each stadiums?

It will be early Spring Training so I dont expect to see a lot of regulars.

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its getting closer as the Nationals are rumored to be moving to Ft Myers as they are the "isolated" team in Viera (towards Daytona). This would leave 2 goups of teams - East Coast having teams in Jupiter / St Lucie / Palm Beach Area and the West Coast having teams from Ft Myers to Clearwater / Tampa. Braves are kind of the outlier in this scenario in Orlando. They ought to try to get a 2nd team to train in Orlando...

As for the weather, considering the wind chill in CT was 3 degrees today, I am looking forward to it but will probably get fried...

oh yeah, it's in the mid 70s down here to day.
Just make liberal use of some SPF 50 and you'll be fine.

I hadn't heard about the Nats moving, that would be great if they did, would cut down on some driving.

I've driven to up Daytona to see the Daytona Cubs play in FSL games, but it's kind of a far drive to go just for baseball, even though Jackie Robinson Stadium is really nice. Kind of a throwback stadium, concrete, manual scoreboard, but an amazing view of the water.

Having a second team in Orlando wouldn't be bad either, but even then, Orlando's only 2.5 hoursish from Fr Myers, so it's not too bad.

I just wish they'd do more night games in spring training, as it's annoying to have to take off of work to go to day games. And if I'm driving anywhere, I'd have to take a full day off, which really means I can't get to too many spring training games.

Heard that Nats have reached an agreement to stay in Viera. The Cards and Marlins re upped to stay in Jupiter for 10 years, but have an out if the Mets leave St Lucie and Nats leave Viera.

My office is across the street from Roger Dean in Jupiter, and I usually get to 10 or 15 games in March.

Just found that. Personally, I'm sad to see that as I would have liked to have them in Ft Myers but glad for that "other coast" to keep a team...

I'm glad the east coast of FL is going to continue on with Grapefruit League baseball. Ron having been to Abacoa for ST and World Baseball Classic games I think that place is a gem! It'll be fun to be able to go back and catch some games.

It really is a fun park, and I'm not just saying that cause it's my home park.

It's got character. I like the grass berm during spring training. And all the employees are nice and friendly there as well. It's just a fun place to go to.

Personally I hate Jet Blue Park. Not for how it looks but the people who work there. Security are the biggest A$$es on the planet. Concessions are nothing special and what the hell is up with the parking. There are two stadiums that I pick on because of how my son and I were treated. This is after going to all 30 MLB and over 190 milb parks. Jet Blue and Reno Aces (whatever it's called now) are by far the worst.

With this being said the folks who work during the workouts and practice games during the day are absolutely great. But the ball park itself, blah.

Thought you'd might like to know Ripken will be @ your O's game signing autographs.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130227&...¬ebook_id=42051632&vkey=notebook_bal&c_id=bal

Thanks for the Heads up on that. I hope he will sign a baseball. Ill buy the book and donate it to a kid if he will sign a baseball. Ive got one from him already.

Was at Fenway just after he ended The Streak and he took this game off too. My feet were on the dugout and when he came back in after they announced he wasnt playing. I was right in front of him and said "Thank You Cal" He flipped a signed ball up to me.

Had a blast at Jetblue Park today. Will post reviews and pics once I download them. Really nice stadium but definitely had some downfalls as well.

Will! Thanks for the tickets. Great seats today for an amazing game. O's won it 11-10 on a walkoff HR in the 9th by Ryan Flaherty. By the 7th, everybody was in the LF picnic area in the sun due to a chilly temp...

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service