Our staff needs help! We want to add a "Favorite Bar or Brewery" to each Chaser Guide. What is your favorite bar or brewery within a short distance of each Major League Ballpark? Why do you like it? What is your favorite drink and/or food there?

Views: 1389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been to the main bars around Yankee and Stan's would be my favorite bar. I usually don't eat but I go for any beer on tap. 

Wrigley Field is Cubby Bear, hands down!

Safeco - Pyramid
Wrigley - Murphy's
AT&T - 21st Amendment
Coors - Falling Rock
Tropicana - Ferg's
Angel Stadium - Noble Ale Works
O.co - Drakes
Target - Psycho Suzies
Petco - Bub's At The Ballpark
Camden - Pickles
Fenway - Cask & Flagon
Chase - Cooperstown (though my fav when I go to AZ is in Scottsdale, Papago Brewing)
Miller - bring your own and tailgate
Busch - Caleco's

Why?  The beer! :)  Food takes a back seat to the beer & atmosphere.  Several places have really good food, but its the beer and atmosphere that keeps me coming back :)

Petco - San Diego:  Beer!   San Diego is known for the breweries!

Stone Brewing, the leader in craft beer has just opened up a small place right outside the ballpark.  it is on the north side at the foot of 8th Avenue at J Street.  It is a little hard to find because it is tucked away.  If you are on J Street looking at the ballpark, to the right of the fence/gate surrounding Petco,..there is a sidewalk between the fencing/gate and a brick building...walk down the sidewalk and you will find Stone.  A cool little place, literally steps from the park.  The beers are perfect for those who like hoppy but  you can also find one or two for people who like not quite so hoppy.  

Mission Brewery:  Also a little tucked away but easier to find than Stone.  Just a short distance from the ballpark, walking distance, located at 14th and L Street.  Look for the silo on top of the brick "Wonder Bread" building.  The silo has a "Mission Brewery" sign on it.  This is a fun, open bar with something for everybody.

If you need any other San Diego suggestions, just send a comment!

I wouldn't make it into the game with Stone right there.  Would make a great stop before or after a game! Thanks for posting that.

For food near Petco Park, I really like Tin Fish.

What a great list! I'm taking it with me for our 30 MLB park trip this spring/summer!

CUBS

My favorite place to go before and/or after a game at Wrigley Field is John Barleycorn - 3524 N. Clark St. - about a block south of Addison on the west side of the street.  This is a product of my advancing age.

We used to be Cubby Bear fanatics in our 20s and early 30s but then something changed.  All of a sudden, we wanted to be able to sit down and hear each other talk and drink beer from glasses made out of glass.  The food is good, too.

We have not been to the Cubby Bear in quite some time.  It is recommended for after games if you don't mind drinking beer out of a can from a trough or in a plastic cup.  It is an awesome time too if you like being packed in like sardines for an hour or two after the game.  If you go, try the side entrance down Addison as you walk towards the Taco Bell if the line at the main entrance is ridiculous.  

After the game, we will sometimes hit up Vines on Clark - 3554 N. Clark St.- not so much for the bar, (which is nothing special) but for the huge beer garden.  It is a great place to hang out if the weather is nice.

Our traditional spot before the home opener is Yak-Zies - 3710 N. Clark St. (at Clark and Waveland) - only because local radio station WXRT broadcasts live and usually has a good band or two.  Otherwise, Yak-Zies is nothing special.

WHITE SOX

Tailgate!

BREWERS 

Tailgate!

Great suggestions, thanks John!

Yankee Stadium - Yankee Tavern

Camden Yards - Slider's

Citizens Bank Park - Chickie's and Pete's

Comerica Park - Cheli's

Miller Park - Kelly's Bleachers

Wrigley Field - Murphy's

Progressive Field - The Clevelander

Great American Ball Park - Hofbrauhaus (Newport)

PNC Park - Jerome Bettis 36 Grille

Rogers Centre - Gretzky's

Fenway Park - Cask N Flagon

Tropicana Field - Ferg's

Turner Field - The Bullpen (not much else there)

Nationals Park - The Ugly Mug

U.S. Cellular Field - Cork & Kerry

Citi Field - ???

Comerica - Detroit Beer Company

Busch - Paddy O's

Miller - Tailgate

Turner - Tailgate

Great American - Moerlein Lager House

Petco - Mission Brewing

Progressive (but seriously, "The Jake") - Great Lakes, take the shuttle to and from the game

Wrigley - Cubby Bear

Camden Yards - Pickles Pub or Pratt St Ale House.  Both for good food and great beer! Both have a great selection of local beer

Fenway Park - Boston Beer Works.  Great beer and great food.  Cask n Flagon is awesome too but usually too crowded. May need a few pages for bars around Fenway!

Yankee Stadium - Stan's for the beer.

Petco Park - pick a bar in the Gaslamp! Mine is usually Dick's Last Resort.

Nationals Park - Gordon Biersch Brewery before the gates open.  I am going to try Bluejackets this year based on recommendations.  Once the gates open, the Red Porch in CenterField.

Wrigley Field - Cubby Bear

Citi Field - McFadden's (Part of the Stadium but only choice around there)

Oh yeah...."Tin Fish"....definitely! 

Just across the street from Hard Rock Hotel and the Omni Hotel.  The sign on the building say "Hepburn's Tin Fish Bar"   but everybody just knows it as "Tin Fish"

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service