Hi, my name is Josh Robbins. I thought you might be interested in my world record attempt starting June 16th in Seattle, WA.

http://laist.com/2008/05/29/to_thirty_baseb.php

Local Pursues a New World Record – 30 Major League Games in 27 Days and Benefit Area Little League

Hawthorne, Calif., May 5, 2008 – One man will strive to set another world record this summer. South Bay resident Josh Robbins, with help from his friends and family, will drive from Seattle, Washington starting June 16 to July 12, 2008 and hope to establish a world record by driving to all 30 major league baseball stadiums in 27 days.

While preparing for a trip to achieve a personal goal, an effort to share their passion for baseball emerged. In addition to the pursuit for a new world record, this group is also raising money to benefit the Jim Thorpe Little League in Hawthorne, California.

Hawthorne Mayor, Larry M. Guidi, has pledged $500 to the project and urges anyone interested to donate what he or she can afford. Fifty-percent of all donations go towards the Jim Thorpe Little League in Hawthorne, California. The other half will go towards the Thirty27.com project for tickets, food, traveling expenses, and a vehicle.

According to Josh Robbins, “we kept receiving such great feedback, support and enthusiasm from people about the trip that we thought we could use it as a platform to give back to our community by sharing our passion for baseball with the youth.”

Business supporters include Toyota USA, the Mattel Corporation and Homewood Suites by Hilton.

“We hope to raise $10,000 and would appreciate financial contributions or in-kind donations to auction off. This way, we hope that other young people will continue to experience the excitement of this American pastime and develop a love for it as we did.”

For more information about the trip and fundraising effort, please log onto thirty27.com or contact Josh Robbins at 518-331-7211 or via email at robbinsjosh@hotmail.com

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simply amazing! What a dream this would be to do! Good luck guys and keep us updated on how everything goes.
Wow, I would love to see your itinerary! I wish you all the very best...good luck and safe travels.
Awesome, just awesome!!! I am jealous!!

Best of luck and can't wait to see all your pics!

Of course you are starting with the worst team in baseball, nice to get that out of the way first ;)

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

What's Hot Right Now... 

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service