2012 Baseball Draw / Schedule - Question from Australia

Hi, we are coming to the USA for our honeymoon in May 2012.  My fiance loves Major League Baseball and watches it on TV any chance he can get here in Australia. 

As we are going to be spending approximately 5 to 6 weeks in the USA, I would love to surprise him and arrange our itinerary so we can go to as many games as possible and see as many ball parks as possible while we are there as we most likely will never get a chance to come back to the US again.

So I was wondering if anyone is please able to tell me where I can find the 2012 Draw / Schedule so I can start planning our trip, where do I buy tickets to the game, can I buy tickets online and if so, what is the website I can do this on, where in the ball park is the best place to sit to watch the game and how much does a ticket normally cost?

Thanks, I look forward to your replies!!

Hayley.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Hayley.  Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon!  And welcome to the USA.

The questions you have are very broad so keep them coming on this site as you try to plan your visit.

The MLB schedule for 2012 is here.

Most tickets can be purchased online at the team's website.  Depending on which game(s) you are planning on attending, they can be purchased at the stadium at game/match time.

For best seating options, personally, I like sitting behind home plate, above the net.  That's very much a personal preference for any individual who attends a game.  Ticket prices vary depending on the team and stadium. 

Keep the posts coming...Let us know which cities you might be visiting and anyone here can assist with information on attending baseball games in that city. 

On the upper right area of this page (Ballpark Chasers) are the words 'Chaser Guides' (next to FAQ).  Don't worry about clicking on a league name.  These reviews provide information about a particular stadium and lists the city.  They include recommended hotels and other things to see/do in the area.  Take a look at those - it'll probably be a good starting point for your research. 

Meg

Hi Meg, thanks for the well well wishes and warm welcoming to the USA!

I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into your reply.  You have answered everything perfectly.  And thank you so much for providing the schedule. 

Thank you also for the tip on "Chaser Guides".  It is EXACTLY what I have been looking for because even though we want to go to the ballparks, obviously we still want to do all of the other touristy things in the area and I would not have known where to start!!

If you have any other suggestions as to where we should go while we are in the USA that is worth visiting (even if it does not have a ballpark), please let me know. 

Thank you so much again :-)  Have a great weekend!

Hi Hayley- welcome to Ballpark Chasers! Thanks for joining. Meg answered most of your questions and I happen to agree with sitting behind home plate, upper level. If not there, try the first level down the first or third base line. Because this is such a long trip for you guys and not something you will get the chance to do often, I would highly recommend splurging on good seats- it makes a big difference when at the ballpark. Because all ballparks have different pricing, its hard to give you an average. 

Keep us updated on your trip!

Hi Craig, thank you for your response also.  Meg certainly did answer all of my questions!  When we go to the football here in Australia (AFL), we always buy the expensive seats - it is well worth the money!! 

As I mentioned above to Meg, if you have any suggestions as to where we should visit while we are in the USA, please let me know, even if it does not have ballparks.  And if you are ever in Australia, let me know and I can give you a few pointers also :-)

Take care and have a great weekend!

Are you planning to travel all over the States or sticking with a particular area?

So far we have on our itinerary - New York, Vegas, Disneyland, LA, San Fran, Napa and then Hawaii.  But we are certainly open to suggestions!!

Wow, sounds like an incredible trip! Most of the tourist attractions that I recommend are featured in the Chasers Guides as I wrote them! :) In NY, I would suggest the new 9/11 memorial.

Hi Hayley.  If you can find the time while you are in LA, you should visit San Diego.  It is about a 2 hour drive south of LA.  I may be biased since I live here, but it is 1000 times better than LA!  "America's finest city".

Ryan

Ryan -

Agree 100% with you.  You've got the Padres, the San Diego Zoo, the Gaslamp District, Old Town (tour link), Coronado....

Meg

Thanks Meg!  We will be adding this to our list of places to visit.  We will already be at Disneyland and my understanding is that it is close by!!
Hi Ryan, thank you for that! My brother just returned from his first trip to the USA.  He spent 5 weeks there and went from the East to the West Coast and he also said that San Diego was one of his favourites!  Will be adding this one to our list!

Sounds great Hayley!  I know you guys will have a great time in San Diego.  If you happen to catch a game here, Petco is a very nice place to see a game.  However, if you don't end up seeing a game in all the cities you visit, do not miss seeing a game in San Francisco...this is one of the most beautiful ballparks in all of baseball!

Ryan

RSS

STAY CONNECTED:

© 2024   Created by Ballpark Chasers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service